Monday, August 16, 2010

A note from Jane...

In reading the "DeZert Alum Notes" today, I was surprised and overwhelmed to see that our alum chapter will be donating a thousand dollars to the Bernice Hutchinson Gale Scholarship.

This scholarship means so much to me. I've been working to build it back up to where DZ will be able to give it out again, but it has been going slowly. The scholarship needs to be self-sustaining, so that awarding it won't reduce the principle. Your donation will give a huge boost to that goal.

Being a DZ has meant so much in my life and it meant even more in my mother's life. It is important to me that my mother will be remembered for all the great things she did in her college days, as an alum, and in all the years she served on National Council.

Thank you again. I want you to know how much this means to me.

With DZ Love,
Jane Prall