Sunday, August 22, 2010

Beware of Window Washing

The best laid plans can go astray. We made it to Seattle, visited relatives, and packed up the pump organ, and left for Idaho. Ray was going to drop me off in Couer d'Alene, Idaho for a mini reunion with some high school friends. On the way, we stopped to get gas in Cle Elem, WA. I thought that I would be helpful and wash the truck windshield while Ray went to the bathroom. When I went to return the squeegee, I tripped on the curbing by the gas pump. I fell, skinned my knees, broke the fibula in my left ankle, and tore the ligaments. After 5 hours in the ER, we were able to travel again. I had crutches which I did not handle well, so we ended up getting a wheelchair. This also ended my trip to see my high school friends. The moral of this story is DON'T DO WINDOWS! Ray & I are headed home and should get home sometime Friday. I'm hoping this won't interfere too much with our Alaska cruise scheduled for Sept.11-18.
Pat Wells
Gamma Lambda