Monday, July 26, 2010

Sister Update...

My son, Dan McParland is getting married here in Phoenix on October 2nd. His bride to be is Danielle Keirsted of Chandler, AZ They met at NAU in 2006. They have been engaged a little over a year now. They are both teachers at Milestone Charter School in Phoenix. Dan also just received his Masters degree in secondary education from the University of Phx.
On another note. I have a spring vacation to tell you about. I took a two-week trip to Turkey with 40 of my closest friends from People to People International. It was an educational/humanitarian mission. We visited a rehabilitation center in Istanbul and delivered school supplies to a small village school. Culturally, Turkey is a fascinating place and I highly recommend the visit.
—Cindy McParland, EK, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater. 72'
Cappadocia in a hot air balloon.
A visit to Ephesus. I am photograped here with DZ sister, Irma Idell.
Our visit to deliver school supplies in Karakaya,Turkey.