Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sister Updates...

Just wanted to share my lastest good news from a Pi Zeta founding sister alum!! After a long, arduous job search, I have finally landed my dream job!! I graduated May 2009 with a Design Studies degree from ASU and after working 10 months at Wells Fargo as a teller, I came across a wonderful job opportunity. Relentless searches on the internet, yielded dismal results, but I finally came across one that matched my resume perfectly! After submitting my resume the night before, I got a call back from their hiring department to set up an interview. After nailing the interview at 8am Monday morning, they called me back at 5pm to offer me the position! My new title is "Assistant Project Manager" for National Mallfront and Design located in Peoria, AZ. You can check out their website www.nationalmallfront.com for more information, but I was informed that it is a little outdated. I will be working on storefronts for malls across America. Some of our most recognizable clients are Tiffany & Co., J. Crew, Banana Republic, Diesel, The Children's Place, Microsoft, and many more. Wish me luck in my new endeavor! It's been a long search but this truly does go to show that hard, persistant work does pay off!! Just a sign that the economy IS on the rebound and things ARE looking up for us recent grads! Sending DZ love from my little home to all of yours!

-Katie Prokop
Pi Zeta, Arizona State

I’m just trying to get my Master’s paper written before [our new daughter's scheduled birth on March 29] and then prepare for the huge change once again in our household. We are very excited. She will definitely be a DZ legacy and as soon as she is old enough, I will have both Hailey and Paige and more DZ functions.

-Kristen Heilberger Thurmond
Delta Chi, Cal State-Chico

Blog Archive